Tuesday 8 September 2020

KanWork Stay @ Home: CERITA KAMI - Siri 77a

Siri 77a: LOCKDOWN @DENMARK (Part 2)


Prior to lockdown I had almost daily contact with colleagues. Suddenly ordered to work from home and almost no contact, later weekly online group chats and infrequent coffee-in-the-garden chats, later on really minimal communication and sharing.

Working from home (part-time teacher at university, main area University Pedagogy):
• Observing online teaching and group facilitation and providing feedback.
• Later producing online lectures about facilitation issues.
• In the end, sitting idle as all my supervisees were too busy with organizing online activities and family tasks.

I am involved in pedagogical development within engineering education (a European project). This includes a two-day online meeting!

Sometimes I was unclear about which day of week.

I walked approximately 2 x 2 km through forest to collect daily newspaper. 

News via radio & internet frequently; from frantic to indifferent.

Terminated:
• Choir practice (tried online rehearsal but didn’t work).
• Qi Gong practice (often postponing and forgetting).
• Relaxation exercises (but continued online successfully, sustaining our sense of community despite distancing).

I initiated construction of routines inspired by submarine commander and astronaut. Routines later dwindled. Being my own commander, I could sense how my drive, inspiration, motivation slowly exhausting. However, I insisted holding on to:
• Rising when waking and daytime power napping.
• Seeking healthy foods and supplements.
• Cooking own food.
• Checking appearance of spring flowers.
• Observing arrival of earliest migrant birds.

I experienced unusual problems with dry skin, disturbed sleep and tightening muscles.

Delayed:
• 60 m 2 vegetable gardens (eg. leeks, beetroot) partly due to cold spring weather, partly to my feeling of disempowerment.
• Flowerpots and troughs. Some plants were unavailable.

I have 2 sheep in 3000 m 2 grazing, 2 cats & 8 hens. Surrounded by:
• 0.5 km 2 farmland (barley, wheat, grass-seeds)
• 5 km 2 forest (mainly spruce, some oak, pine, etc.) With pheasants, deer, fox, crow, raven, etc.

Fast forward, life in Denmark is almost “normal” with low infection rate.

August 27, 2020
Claus Monrad Spliid
KanWork Supporter

No comments:

Post a Comment